Sunday, January 31, 2021

Surfing photography in Tenerife by Olympus 300mm F/4.0 & MC-20

Tenerife is one of the most attractive surfing destinations for Europe and a nice place for photography. It has a great variety of beaches, big waves and good light. 

The pictures bellow are done in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife. The distance to the surfers was quite big - about 100 meters. So I decided to mount the teleconverter 2x (MC-20) on my Olympus 300mm F/4.0 in order to get close to the action. 

I used manual mode with AUTO-ISO, exposure time 1/2000s, the combo wide open - F/8.0, C-AF and a group of 25 active focus points on my Olympus E-M1 Mark II

 I got very good results and a suprising keeper rate higher than 90%. The very long focal length helped me to get a good framing. I thought using the teleconverter will be a wrong decision because it will affect focus and the image quality, but it was not the case. I am very happy about the results I got, MC-20 made a big difference bringing the scene very close.

surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
surfer
in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife
in Playa De Las Americas, Tenerife
surfer
surfer

1 comment: